Monday, January 9, 2012

A Blank Palette.......

I'm soooo excited!  I almost have a studio/place to put my stuff.  We have a 1,200 sq. ft. building behind our house that we recently put new siding on (the building was an eyesore before).  It is partially a garage (Duane's man space) and partially Kim's space.  I get 500 sq. ft. that has been insulated and totally enclosed.  Quite honestly, I feel spoiled.

Now the fun part is coming!  We get to paint my space!  And the best part is I get to paint the floors, something I've always wanted to do in a space.   I'm sort of going neutral and sort of not.  The walls and ceilings I'm thinking of doing white.  I've got 2 different ideas for colors on the floor, either a marine blue or sort of a peacock blue color, or a light sky blue.  My concerns with the light sky blue is that it will get dirty too easy, although I think the color is beautiful.  This will also be where I photograph my clothes.

Through the white door is my space.  Still waiting on those garage doors.

The room, a blank pallete. We decided to put wood up (which is more expensive than drywall) to reduce any possibilities of mold, which is common here in the South.  And also because it's an outbuilding (next to our garage).

Mr. D has worked so hard on this room.  I'm super proud of him!

Where you see the ledge on the left wall is where we will be putting a heating and cooling unit.  Especially needed in the summer.  It get's Hot!  But yeah, it does get cold in the winter in south Alabama.

At least a wall and part of another one will be used for hanging clothes, organizing shoes and other inventory.

I would love to hear of any ideas for making this a cool space.  If you have any, please share.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you Kim- what a great great space and it will be so fun decorating it... I am sure you will do something incredible!!!!

    cheers
    susan hoover

    ReplyDelete